Buy a Static Caravan - Help and AdviceWelcome to the Buy a Static Caravan page. We have compiled some information you may find useful when considering to purchase a static caravan holiday home in the UK.
When you own a caravan holiday home it offers a whole new world of holidays, with complete control over when you choose to holiday. Your caravan holiday home could be based on a site with very few amenities or you could base yourself at one of the larger holiday parks operated by Haven, ParkResorts or Butlins which usually feature great facilities & entertainment. It's your choice but where do you start?
Well we have put together some top tips to help you find the right holiday home for you..
1. Location, Location, Location!You may want to stay in your static caravan every weekend or visit just a few times a year. You need to make sure you choose a location that will offer you enough to do during each visit so you don't end up getting bored. Whether it's tourist attractions, rugged countryside or a mixture of the two you need to think carefully about what you will do when not staying on the holiday park itself.
Also keep in mind the distance of the holiday park from your home - Driving for 4 hours every Friday afternoon during rush hour traffic to get to your holiday home may start getting annoying after a while! Choose a holiday park located a sensible distance away.
2. Home from HomeAfter driving to your chosen holiday park you will want to be greeted by a warm, inviting holiday home that caters to your requirements. For example spending a bit extra on a holiday home with central heating can make a big difference over the lifetime of owning the static caravan and may work out to be worth every penny!
3. Sublet and Earn an IncomeOne of the ways to help with the cost of owning a caravan holiday home is to sublet. You can earn income by subletting to members of the public when your not using it - dont forget to come back and visit ukcaravans4hire.com, the No.1 place to advertise your caravan for hire if you do decide to sublet!
- Does the holiday park allow pets, if so what are the rules that must be followed?
- What are the yearly site fee's. This has a big impact when having to pay it every year!
- Can you sublet the caravan to help with running costs?
- What do the sellers think of the holiday park. What are their reasons for selling?
- Does the holiday park have restrictions on the age of caravans allowed on the park?
We hope you found the above information useful. A great place to visit if you're looking for a holiday home is BuyaStatic.com. They list lots of privately owned holiday homes for sale by the owner's themselves, this means you can cut out the middleman so both buyers and sellers benefit!