Customer Operations Manager
Up to £35,000 per annum + benefits
Role: Customer Operations Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000 p.a. + Bonus + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid – Huddersfield Office / Homeworking
UKCaravans4hire, part of Forge Holiday Group, have a fantastic opportunity for a person-centred, customer focused and results driven individual to join us as our Customer Operations Manager.
What’s the role?
Customer operations are the heart of our business. Our talented team are the first point of contact for our owners and guests, represent our brand in the market and effectively manage a high-volume area of our operational function.
As our Customer Operations Manager, your purpose will be to motivate and develop our team of Customer Service Executives. Your primary goal will be to ensure that the department is operating at its highest level of efficiency whilst providing exemplary customer service to our owners & guests by enhancing our customer experience through technology enabled human interactions; reviewing, refining & implementing a range of best practices, procedures and technology.
As our Customer Operations Manager, you will be:
- Accountable for the Guest and Owner engagement experience within the Customer Services department.
- Responsible for delivering and monitoring departmental key performance indicators.
- Conducting regular reviews of performance and managing any underperformance effectively. Including coaching and developing to ensure targets are exceeded and knowledge is shared.
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service at all times, ensuring the team focuses on hitting all SLAs for owner and guests and by monitoring all OKR’s providing direction and empowerment.
- Ensuring the correct culture, behaviours and performance levels are attained at all times.
- Working in partnership with other departments including Marketing, Revenue Management, HR & Owner Services to set & achieve service levels which are focussed on providing a high quality of service to owners and guests.
- Ensuring optimum staffing at all times, supporting with recruitment.
- Ensuring a safe and harmonious working environment which is both fun & energetic.
The role is hybrid working between home and the office with an expectation that you will work from our Huddersfield office a minimum of three days each week for group collaboration, in-person meetings, team engagement and connecting meaningfully with your colleagues and team members.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate that they share and live our brand & behavioural values of Be One Team; Own It; Communicate Honestly; Learn, Grow & Innovate.
Being self-motivated, articulate and personable is a must, as is possessing a positive, pragmatic and energetic approach to your work. You will welcome challenges and be driven in finding new ways to approach problems.
We require a strong leader to support and drive behaviours, performance and accountability. The successful applicant must put the guest and owner at the heart of every decision made and have the ability to influence change, whilst driving performance and motivating a growing team of people
Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Adaptability: Being able to adjust quickly and easily to new situations. You need to be able to think on your feet, pivot your thinking when necessary, and embrace new ideas and ways of doing things
- Communication: You need to be able to clearly communicate what changes are happening, why they are happening, and what the impact will be. You should also be able to listen to, collate and act on feedback and concerns from employees and stakeholders.
- Project management: Being competent in managing projects from start to finish, including planning, execution, and evaluation, ensuring success.
- Leadership: Confident in setting a clear vision, communicating goals, and empowering team to take ownership of their individual objectives & responsibility.
- Emotional intelligence: We’re in an exciting period of change, so understanding and managing emotions whilst demonstrating empathy is essential.
- Highly organised, experienced in conflict resolution and with well-honed interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence and persuade others, bringing everyone on the journey.
- Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
It would be highly advantageous if you have experience in driving change in a fast-paced environment, knowledge of the holiday park industry and experience operating in a digital contact centre environment.
As this is a Hybrid role requiring you to work from the office at least 3 days per week, it’s important that you live within a realistically commutable distance to our office in Huddersfield (HD2).
What we offer you
We know that it’s our passionate people that are key to our continued success. We are supportive, collaborative, one team, and we place a huge emphasis on celebrating success and providing our talented people with opportunities to continuously learn, develop and thrive. Our people are also committed to having a positive impact on our planet, community and each other whilst creating amazing holiday moments for everyone.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive employee benefits package that will include:
- Annual performance-related bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave per full year (inclusive of usual 8 Bank Holidays) + an extra paid day off for your birthday each year
- Company pension scheme where we’ll match your contributions up to 5%
- Flexible hybrid working to support and promote a healthy work/life balance, focussed work and meaningful collaboration with your colleagues
- Annual paid employee volunteer days (2 per year) to support community initiatives
- Free private individual medical insurance with the option to add partner and / or dependents
- Free worldwide Travel insurance (includes cover for family members)
- Free Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offering free and confidential wellbeing support and counselling services.
- Access to our employee discount scheme (retailers including discount holidays with Sykes Cottages for you, your family and friends)
- Ongoing learning & training opportunities to support your continuous personal and career development.
- Homeworking equipment
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…
If you think that we might be a good fit for each other, then we would be thrilled to hear from you and encourage you to submit your application. To apply, follow the apply link, complete your details, and upload an up-to-date CV via Indeed that clearly demonstrates your suitability for this particular role.
Please note that we may decide to close the application window early to ensure we can provide a great experience to suitable candidates that have applied. Therefore, if you’re interested in this opportunity, we’d love to receive your application as early as possible.
If you have any questions relating to this opportunity, you can get in contact with us by emailing email@example.com
Who we are
UKcaravans4hire was established more than 13 years ago to help a handful of friends and family to advertise their holiday homes. Since then, we have become the leading private static caravan rental website in the UK and now have over 6,000 properties listed on our website.
Our purpose is to simply create amazing holiday moments through innovation. Our technology enables everyone to enjoy great value holidays through our network of owners who rent out their holiday homes without fuss or hassle, creating amazing holiday moments that have a positive impact on people, communities, and the planet. We’re well on our way to reaching this goal and ecstatic to have received a bronze accreditation at the 2022 British Travel Awards in the large category of “Best Company for UK Holiday Home Rentals”!
Acquired by the Forge Holiday Group family in June 2022 (which includes Sykes Cottages, Forest Holidays & Bachcare), we're on a truly exciting and ambitious growth journey to become the very best caravan letting platform around! We are looking for exceptional talent to build a best-in-class team in the holiday letting sector.