Up to £50,000 per annum + Benefits
Are you ready to be truly happy at work? This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining our team.
UKcaravans4hire.com is a small, friendly organisation operating within a larger Group. Our employees experience all the benefits of working in a small & friendly environment in addition to receiving all the great benefits and support you would expect from the wider Group. Such as competitive salaries, an excellent employee benefits package and career development opportunities.
UKcaravans4hire was established more than 13 years ago to help a handful of friends and family to advertise their holiday homes. Since then, we have become the leading private static caravan rental website in the UK and now have over 6,000 properties listed on our website.
Our purpose is to simply create amazing holiday moments through innovation. Our technology enables everyone to enjoy great value holidays through our network of owners who rent out their holiday homes without fuss or hassle, creating amazing holiday moments that have a positive impact on people, communities, and the planet. We’re well on our way to reaching this goal and ecstatic to have received a bronze accreditation at the 2022 British Travel Awards in the large category of “Best Company for UK Holiday Home Rentals”!
Acquired by the Forge Holiday Group family in June 2022 (which includes Sykes Cottages, Forest Holidays & Bachcare), we're on a truly exciting and ambitious growth journey to become the very best caravan letting platform around! We are looking for exceptional talent to build a best-in-class team in the holiday letting sector.
The position is a permanent, full-time, hybrid role. You will need to be available to work Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). There is a minimum requirement to work 1 day each week in our newly refurbished collaboration hub in central Brighouse.
The postholder will be focused on driving improvements to assist the development and design of the technology within the business. Working closely with colleagues across the wider business to meet the needs of our internal / external users.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a commercial setting in addition to the following;
- Working knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or CodeIgniter or similar.
- Experience of using Test Driven Development in commercial projects.
- Demonstrable record of delivering high-quality object-oriented code and using SOLID principles.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL with the ability to identify problems.
- Experience of Agile development methodologies e.g. Scrum or similar.
- Experience with REST APIs including less common HTTP Verbs or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
The Postholder will be accountable for:
- Implementing well crafted, scalable, and resilient solutions used both by internal & external customers.
- Ownership of the delivery of software into the business.
- Participating in sprint planning to deliver regular iterations and retrospectives to improve our processes.
- Promoting software development best practices.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to clarify ambiguous requirements and taking corrective action for issues in production.
- Performing exploratory work to investigate new technologies that we can leverage to solve business problems, as well as sizing changes to our existing platform.
- Reviewing colleagues’ code submissions, coaching enhancements, encouraging standards and identifying bugs.
- Collaborating with the wider business to achieve Company objectives.
- Using web content management systems.
- Reporting to Senior Managers & Key Stakeholders.
- Responding to reports of technical problems and working with the team to fix them quickly.
- Collecting and analysing data on website usage to improve performance.
- A flexible approach and willingness to accept feedback and incorporate it into their designs.
If you’re interested in applying for this role then please send a copy of your CV to Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org