Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Important guest information
Cayton Bay Caravan Park
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Sleeps 6 Bedrooms 2
This listing was set live on the 12th October 2019
Holiday home facilities
Holiday home facilities
Walk-in Wardrobe, En-suite shower room, Radio, Selection of DVD's, Pull out double sofa bed
Situated in a cul-de-sac, you can enjoy some quiet time, whilst still being close to all the attractions and a woodland walk.
The beach is just a 10 minute walk, and its only 4 miles to the beautiful city of Scarborough.
We have done our best to make your stay feel like a home from home, with some personal touches that you are welcome to use. We have even added a PS3 and a eclectic selection of dvd's.
Main Facilities –
- Onsite arcades - there is something for the whole family here. From VR games, air hockey, 2p machines and much more there is bound to be something for everyone to enjoy. These are open throughout the day and evening and can be found in the centre of the main facilities complex.
- Swimming pool – The swimming pool has slides, water fountains and is great for children. You’ll need one of the passes from reception to cover entry for this.
- Large play-park and multi-sports court outside the pub so you can enjoy a nice drink from inside whilst your children remain within sight.
- Kids club – you can find a children’s entertainment programme on the wall near the entrance to the club bar. There are lots of activities and something different to keep them entertained every day.
- Club bar – this is where you can spend your evenings enjoying the extensive entertainment programme, you can partake in bingo at least twice a day as well as watch a different act every night. Some of our favourites have been ‘Shane Ward’, ‘Totally Tina’ and ‘The Magic Show’. Again, the programme can be found on the wall near the entrance to the club bar.
- Launderette – you’ll find this opposite reception.
Off-site, the beach is only the beginning. Along the coast you'll discover sights such as the olde-worlde harbour town of Whitby, the buzzing seaside resorts of Scarborough and Bridlington and grand wildlife spectacles like Flamborough Head.
For out of the ordinary animal encounters, take a drive out to Flamingo Land theme park: a sanctuary for African Lions, Rothschild's Giraffes and Black Rhinoceros.
Food Options -
- Pub onsite serving various meal choices at a great price, they also do a carvery on Sundays.
- Chip shop which can be used as a takeaway or ordered from in the club bar and eaten whilst enjoying the entertainment, you can also get pizzas and various other options in the chip shop.
- Nisa - if you'd rather cook yourselves there is a Nisa mini market onsite with lots of options for you to cook. It is open until around 8pm, possibly 7pm on some days.
If you prefer something off site, then checkout 'The Tow Bar' which is opposite the entrance to the park or take a short venture into Scarborough. There is also a Tesco superstore, and a large morrisons a few minutes’ drive away. For something a little more up market we highly recommend 'The Farrier' which is just a short walk into Cayton.
Other things to note
- Hand towels are provided but you'll need to bring your own bath towels.
- Passes for facilities can be brought at reception when you arrive, prices vary depending on dates you stay and duration, if you'd like to know in advance then please drop me a message or call the Park dean reception. They range from £30 for a family of 4 but can be more during peak times.
- Please note that the main site facilities are closed between mid November - mid February, however there is a pub opposite the park entrance or a short walk into Cayton brings a range of pubs/restaurants.
- WIFI is free in the restaurant/bar/facilities but you can buy WiFi passes for the caravan if required.
-The caravan has a dishwasher and a washing machine but you will need to provide your own detergents if you wish to use these.
- We kindly ask that guests do not wear shoes on the carpets, this helps us to keep the home looking as new and clean for as long as possible. With the light-coloured carpets, I’m sure you can appreciate this.
- We welcome you to use the Smart TV, PS3 and also watch the DVDs that we have left, these can be watched via the PlayStation but we ask that whilst it may be tempting and seem easy enough for you to take these items that you please don’t. We have left this here to make your time more enjoyable and hope that all of our guest’s respect and appreciate this.
- Please don’t leave wet bathmats on the bathroom floors so that the flooring doesn’t lift. And that wet coats/washing are not left on the dining chairs or other furniture so that this doesn’t stain or bubble either. You’ll find a clothes airer in the walk-in wardrobe should you require it.
Holiday park facilities
Holiday park facilities
Pitch and Putt
Based on 2 guest ratings
Date of stay - 17 Feb 2020 - 20 Feb 2020
Beautiful caravan in as new condition and spotlessly clean. Very warm and comfortable and in a great location in the Park. Facilities on site are excellent and the site staff are very friendly and helpful. The owner was a pleasure to deal with. Would certainly stay here again.
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and would love to accommodate you again at some point. Thank you for leaving the place so clean when you left too. :)
Date of stay - 12 Nov 2019 - 16 Nov 2019
We had a fantastic late holiday, while it was freezing outdoors the holiday home was warm and cosy, spotless and well equipped. Cayton Bay is an excellent location for exploring that part of the country and the site its self is clean with great amenities with a shop, restaurant, swimming pool and entertainment. Cayton Bay has access to a beautiful cove type beach or is just a few minutes from Scarborough or Filey and is within easy reach of Whitby, Bridlington and many other locations on the coast or inland. I thoroughly recommend this holiday home it is beautiful and in a great position.