BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We are not part of Haven or the Bourne Leisure Group. Haggerston Castle Deluxe Private Hire do not provide products, services or passes on behalf of Haven or Haggerston Castle Holiday Park. All passes and associated Haven products, services, activities and facilities are booked and paid for directly through Haven.
2. All holidays are sold as self-catered accommodation only and we cannot guarantee that the complex or park facilities will always be open and available during your stay. Any questions regarding the holiday park and its facilities should be discussed with Haven directly.
3. All bookings made are subject to our booking terms and conditions and apply regardless of whether or not you have received a copy prior to making your booking. By making your first payment, you, the hirer, and all of your guests listed on your booking confirmation accept and agree to our full booking terms and conditions. The main hirer is responsible for all members of the booked party.
4. We recommend that you arrange adequate holiday insurance to cover all guests in your party. Your insurance should offer financial protection if you need to cancel your booking.
BOOKING AND PAYMENTS
5. To book a holiday, we will require a booking deposit of £50. Your booking will only be confirmed once your deposit has been paid and we have received the payment in our account. Booking deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. All payments are made via electronic bank transfer using the main hirer’s name and arrival date as reference. All outstanding balances are due 6 weeks before your arrival date. If your booking is within 6 weeks of arrival, we will require payment in full at the time of booking. When making your booking, please inform us of all guests in your party, providing the names and ages of each individual, as well as the main hirer’s contact name, home address, telephone number and email address. Any changes made to your booking after payment, must be made by the main hirer only and agreed with the owner in writing prior to your arrival.
6. When making your booking, you will be asked to complete and sign our guest pre-registration form. This will include the names and ages of all guests, the main hirer’s contact name, home address, telephone number and email address. Anyone visiting our accommodation during your stay, regardless of the duration of their visit, must be on the original booking confirmation. Any changes made to your booking after payment must be made by the main hirer only and agreed with the owner in writing prior to your arrival.
7. In addition to the cost of your holiday, we also require a damage deposit payment of £50. Damage deposit payments are due 6 weeks before your arrival date and are refunded within 7 days of your departure date, providing there is no missing inventory or damage found following an inspection.
8. Bed linen is not included in your holiday price. Linen can be hired for £30 per booking – we will provide bed linen for all beds and make them up for your arrival. Guests who have not hired our bed linen must bring their own, under no circumstances can duvets or pillows be used without covers.
9. We have the right to cancel your booking if you fail to pay your full holiday balance and damage deposit by the final payment due date stated on your booking confirmation. Your booking confirmation will show your payment due date(s) and it is your responsibility to pay the balance when it’s due. If an outstanding balance has not been paid by the due date, we will accept this as notice of cancellation, no refunds will be given, and the date will be relisted as available.
10. All bookings, deposits and payments are non-transferable unless an agreement has been made in writing with the owner.
11. Strictly no subletting – we have the right to cancel your booking and remove any or all guests if we find any other persons using our holiday home than those listed on the booking confirmation.
12. If you cancel your booking: We would advise all guests to take out holiday insurance to claim any loss if you need to cancel your booking. Damage deposits that have been paid will be refunded if you choose to cancel. Booking deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances unless the holiday park is closed. If you find yourself needing to cancel your booking you must inform us as soon as possible. The following cancellation policy will apply:
• If you do not show up for your holiday or choose to leave earlier tan your departure date – no refund.
• If you cancel within 6 weeks of arrival date – no refund (if we can re-sell the date we will issue a refund, minus booking deposit).
• If you cancel between 6-12 weeks of arrival date – 50% refund (if we can re-sell the date we will issue a refund, minus booking deposit).
• If you cancel up to 12 weeks before arrival date – full refund (minus booking deposit).
• If you cancel your booking due to COVID 19.
• If you or any member of your booked party are informed you have tested positive for COVID-19 and / or have been advised to isolate as part of the NHS Track and Trace, we will require proof in the form of an email or text sent to you from Track and Trace. Where proof is provided to us, we will offer to postpone your holiday to a later date or issue a refund (minus booking deposit).
• If you live in a Tier where you are advised not to travel, we will offer to postpone your holiday to a later date.
Please be advised, if you wish to postpone your holiday to a later date, all outstanding balances must be paid in full.
13. If we have to change or cancel your booking. Occasionally, there may be times where we can no longer offer the holiday you have booked, or, in exceptional circumstances, find that we need to cancel your booking. If this happens, we will advise you as soon as possible and offer one of the following options (subject to availability):
• A replacement holiday of the same value as the one you booked – the time of year may vary
• A replacement holiday of less value than the one you booked, and we’ll refund the difference
• A replacement holiday of higher value than the one you booked, and you’ll pay the difference
• A full refund
EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
14. We cannot be held liable or issue any refunds or compensation if you, your guests or your holiday is affected in any way because of events out of our control. Events we consider ‘out of our control’ are; changes to or closure of any park facilities or activities, injury, illness, loss or damage, theft, break-in, fire, flood, explosion, storm or other adverse/extreme weather conditions, acts of God, loss of power or water due to mains supply failure, criminal damage, natural or nuclear disaster, epidemics or pandemics, war or threat of war, or terrorist activities. We would advise all holidaymakers to take out adequate holiday insurance.
ARRIVAL AND CHECKING IN
15. Check-in is available from 3:00 pm. Where possible, we will do our best to provide you with earlier check-in time. Please do not arrive at or enter the caravan earlier than your allocated time, even f it is empty or you have expressed permission from the owner. In circumstances that are beyond our control, check-in time may be later than stated. We will inform you in advance of any changes to your check-in time and we will do our best to minimise delays.
16. Check-in details are provided by 14:00 pm on your arrival day. You will be given a unique key safe code and our pitch number. When arriving at the holiday park, you can make your way straight to the caravan (from 3:00 pm onwards), there is no need to queue at reception. Please do not leave your car or belongings at the caravan before check-in or after your departure as we will require access at these times.
17. There will be one set of keys allocated per caravan. Each set contains a key for the caravan, the decking gate and the storage box. All keys must be returned to the key safe on your departure day. Any missing keys you take home must be returned to us immediately at your own cost. Failure to return all keys within 7 days of your departure date will result in the loss of your full damage deposit.
DEPARTURE AND CHECKING OUT
18. Check-out by 10:00 am. Please vacate the caravan and off-street parking space no later than the stated time as we will require access. Guest who fail to depart on time will be charged £25 per additional hour. We cannot be held responsible for any personal items left in our holiday home following your departure – we strongly advise you thoroughly check you have taken all personal belongings with you prior to leaving. Any personal items found during the inspection and cleaning will be disposed of
19. On your departure, we kindly request that you leave the caravan as you found it and follow a few simple procedures before leaving:
• Please turn off all lights, portable appliances, electric fire, bedroom heaters and bathroom radiator
• Make sure there is no running water left on
• Close all windows and lock doors – do not leave windows on the latch
• Remove all used bed linen and leave in the main bathroom
• Clean all used kitchenware, crockery, utensils, cooking trays, oven, hob, grill and microwave
• Dispose of all rubbish and take to the main bins on-site
• Please leave all keys in the key safe
• Please text 07775436464 to notify us when you have left
20. Staying longer than you have booked (planned). If you would like to stay longer than your original booking, please contact us as soon as possible to check our availability. Prices for extending your booking will be charged at the current price listed at the time of enquiry and full payment will be required at the time of enquiry.
21. All damage and breakages must be reported to us immediately. Damage and breakages amounting to £50 or less will be deducted from your damage deposit. Excessive damage amounting to more than £50 will be charged to you, the hirer – ‘excessive damage’ includes but is not limited to; internal and external damage, breakages, missing inventory, professional cleaning services required for stained upholstery, soft furnishings, mattresses, carpets, and any replacement inventory required. In the event our holiday home is unable to be re-let due to damage caused by you or a member of your party, you agree to cover all subsequent financial losses. Any damage left unreported during your stay or found following your departure will automatically result in the loss of your full damage deposit and you agree to cover all costs incurred above £50. If you fail to cover the full costs incurred, we will take the case to small claims court.
22. In the event of malicious damage, we, the owners, and the Haggerston Castle Security Team reserve the right to ask all guests to leave without notice or refund. For the safety of all holidaymakers, we will also contact the police, if necessary.
23. There may be times where we, the owners, or Haggerston Castle staff will require access to our holiday home at a reasonable time to investigate any reported damage, or to fulfil any immediate repairs. Where possible, we will try to keep this to a minimum during your stay. Refusal of entry by you, the hirer, or anyone in your party, will result in all guests being asked to leave without notice or a refund if we feel there is a health and safety risk to anyone. Any issues reported to us related to the boiler, gas supply and hot water, we aim to resolve within a few hours of the initial report. Reports made between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:00 am are likely to extend to the following day due to no engineers or plumbers being available on-site during these times. We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown or malfunction of any equipment in our holiday home during your stay and we will not issue any refunds or compensation under these circumstances.
24. Wet, soiled or stained soft furnishings and bed linen must be cleaned at your own cost, including any hire items. There is a laundrette on-site and tokens can be purchased from the Mini Market. Fixed upholstery such as lounge seating, flooring and mattress damage must be reported to us immediately. If professional cleaning or replacement is required, you must allow access to our holiday home at a reasonable time to allow for any work to be carried out. All soiled, stained or damaged; flooring, soft furnishings, upholstery or mattresses, left unreported during your stay will automatically result in the loss of your full damage deposit and you are liable to cover the full cost incurred for cleaning or replacement. If any damage is found to be deliberate or excessive, you and your guests will be asked to leave immediately. Under no circumstances can we, the owners, be held responsible for lack of replacement stock during your stay, if you, the hirer, or any member of your party damages existing furniture or inventory items.
25. We are not liable for any loss or damage to property or vehicles belonging to you or a member of your party. Your vehicle is parked entirely at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any personal belongings you leave inside or outside of our holiday home at any time.
CARAVAN AND PARK RULES
26. Due to park regulations, we do not accept large adult-only groups or same-sex groups (Couples and Families only), stags or hens, or bookings where all guests are under the age of 25. We have the right to remove any guest(s) who ignores this.
27. Overcrowding is not accepted. Any attempt to overcrowd our holiday home at any time will result in you and your guests being asked to leave without notice. The maximum number of people allowed in our holiday home at a time is 8 (not all adults).
28. Our pitch is strictly limited to one parked vehicle at a time. Parking is only permitted on the off-street space (gravelled area) and not on the grass or roadside. If you’re travelling in multiple vehicles, please use one of the overflow car parks located on West Lawn. Boundary markers, such as logs, tree stumps or posts should not be moved under any circumstances. £25 will automatically be deducted from damage deposits if guests park on the grassed area.
29. We, the owners, and the Haggerston Castle team have the right to remove some or all guests without notice from our holiday home and the holiday park, if:
• Our full booking terms and conditions of which you have agreed when booking are not being adhered to.
• There is any damage found to our holiday home – internally and/or externally.
• There is disruptive or abusive behaviour and/or disturbances, which affects other holidaymakers and owners.
• There is overcrowding of our holiday home at any time.
• The person(s) found staying in our holiday home are not those listed on the booking confirmation.
30. We kindly ask all guests to follow a few simple rules when staying in our holiday home. If you or any member of your party fails to comply with our booking terms and conditions, you and all members of your party will be asked to leave without notice and no refunds will be given.
• No guest pets – please advise of any allergies as we cannot be held responsible for any illness caused due to an allergic reaction.
• No smoking or vaping inside the caravan, no smoking on the decking area or near an open window or door.
• Strictly no drugs stored or used inside the caravan unless prescribed by a medical professional.
• Needles or sharp medical supplies should be disposed of accordingly and must not be left in our holiday home or our waste bins.
• Please do not bring any of the following into the caravan – slime, glitter, paint, plasticine/clay products, permanent markers.
• Please supervise anyone using felt tip pens at all times.
• Please remove all outdoor footwear inside the caravan (in particular high-heel/stiletto-style footwear).
• If you have not hired our bed linen, you must bring your own – under no circumstances can duvets or pillows be used without covers.
• Please remove shoes on carpets, beds, upholstery and soft furnishings (please avoid wearing high heels anywhere in the caravan).
• Do not overload plug sockets as this will cause the electric to trip.
• Do not charge electric/hybrid vehicles from the caravan.
• Do not use or store bikes, scooters and other sporting equipment inside the caravan.
• Do not chain bikes, scooters or other sporting equipment to the decking.
• Caravan furniture and soft furnishings must not be taken outside.
• BBQs must not be used on grassed areas, next to the caravan, on the decking area, or near any gas bottles.
• Please do not dry wet clothes or swimwear on the towel rail.
• Wet or soiled linen must be cleaned immediately – at your own cost.
• Children under 18 years of age should not be left unattended in the caravan at any time.
• Please turn off all lights, portable appliances, electric fire, bedroom heaters and bathroom radiator while out.
• Please close all windows and lock doors while out or when vacating – do not leave windows on the latch.
• If you choose to leave earlier than your departure date, please let us know ASAP.
• Please report all damage immediately.
31. If you require assistance during your stay for any issues relating to our holiday home, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
Call or Text: Veronica Glen on 07775436464
32. If you have any issues or concerns regarding the holiday park, facilities or staff, please contact a member of staff at Haggerston Castle.
Haven Reception (9:00am – 6:00pm): 01289 381333
Haven Security (out of hours): 07850 381614 ...Show less