This listing was set live on the 20th May 2022
About the owner
I am a retired District Nursing Sister, a job which gave me great job satisfaction. However, despite loving my job, I also love going on holidays with my family. As the children grew up, we spent many a happy time holidaying in Devon, a place close to my heart for the sheer beauty and characteristics of the area. I am a strong believer that in this day and age everyone needs a break away from the daily stresses and strains of life. Hence, to offer my holiday home out to hire at a reasonable price that will provide many a family and couples the opportunity to enjoy a holiday by the sea, where by they can relax make their own memories and simply have a good time, enjoying views across the Bay and exploring all the wonderful local areas.
Holiday home facilities
Holiday home facilities
Electric Plate Heating
Outside table and chairs for 6
2 x outdoor loungers
Bistro table and two chairs
Cutlery for 6
All home cleaning equipment
Tea and coffee with variety of condiments
Welcome to my home from home which you can now call your home for your holiday.
Please be advised from end of October 2022 until the beginning of May 2023 the Park will be closed due to renovations taking place. These renovations are for an indoor swimming pool with gym, bar, restaurant. There will also still have a laundrette and Park shop.
During this time I will offer a reduced price due to any disruption but hope guests can still enjoy the sea view and surrounding area.
The caravan offers a perfect place to relax and to get away from the daily stresses of working life with your loved ones.
You will find all the amenities you need in the caravan to have a great stay.
There is a bus stop right outside of the holiday park with an excellent bus service to all local areas.
The the creme de la creme, apart from the steam train to Dartmouth, is the picnic area underneath the rail bridge (you'll see and wont be disappointed).
The coastal path whether you wish to walk to Goodrington, Paignton or Brixham is a must, if walking to Brixham you will come across Broadsands with its beach and cafe whereby you can enjoy some refreshments along the way. The views are lovely and you will come across some picturesque bays and coves. You will also encounter plenty of steps! Excellent for those wishing to keep fit….
The walk to Goodrington is shorter but still has beautiful views, once there, if one wishes you can continue to the cliff walk which will bring you too the harbour in Paignton. Here there are some lovely bars and restaurants whereby you can relax and enjoy the sea views.
You can also drive to any of the beaches. Both Goodrington and Broadsands have ample car parking.
At Broadsands beach you can hire Kayaks for a reasonable price.
All in all something for everyone and I am sure enjoyed by many , my family and I included, simply one of my favourite places to relax and Quilts and pillows and both mattress and pillow protectors are provided but please bring your own linen
Outside of season, I'm happy to accommodate shorter bookings please feel free to inquire for more details.
The Bay’s Holiday Caravan.
Terms and Conditions.
1. Bookings will accommodate a maximum of six people comprising of families and couples. Any single sex groups happy to discuss.
2. Provisional booking or inquiry will be held for a week, once the deposit of £100.00 for a week or £50.00 for anything less than a week is made the booking will be confirmed.
3. The balance will be due 6 weeks prior to the start of the booking dates, a reminder email will be sent a week before this time.
4. Should the balance not be paid in this time, the caravan will be relet and the deposit non-refundable.
5. Should a booking be made within the six weeks then the full balance will be required.
6. All bookings require a £75.00 refundable security bond, which will be returned within 7 days of departure on the condition that the Caravan has been left in the condition it was let as. The security bond or part will be withheld should any damages or breakages occur. Minimal breakages open to negotiation as accidents happen. You must inform the owners within 12 hours of arrival of any defect, inventory shortages and /or breakages. Failure to do so may result in you being charged.
7. Should damages incur at an excess of 75.00p the owner reserves the right to request additional payment from the lead booker to cover the costs.
8. In the event of a cancellation, you must confirm in writing (this can be via email) deposits are non refundable.
9. No monies are refundable if you are asked to vacate the caravan by the holiday park, owners, or their staff.
10. No refunds will be made if you vacate the caravan for any reason including emergency or illness.
11. Once the balance has been paid no refunds will be considered.
12. Bookings will only be accepted by persons over the age of 22.
13. Only persons names on the booking may stay at the caravan. Any changes to those persons must be notified to the owner in writing. Over occupancy is not permitted.
14. The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all persons listed on the booking. All persons shall be with you during your stay. Holiday Park owners and /or their staff shall have a copy of the booking. This is important for safety and security purposes.
15. Each person listed on the booking form and any visitors must be prepared to identify themselves to the park owners or their staff upon request and comply with their reasonable requests.
16. The hirer must give access to the caravan as and when required by the owners, holiday park owners and their staff or agents.
17. The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without any obligation and reserve the right to terminate any booking at their absolute discretion.
18. The caravan may be occupied from 15.00hrs onward on the first day of booking. The caravan must be vacated by 10.00hrs on the last day of the booking to enable cleaning please.
19. In case of a maintainable problem, the hirer should contact the owner. No repairs should be attempted.
20. No pets are allowed. However, this may be lifted at owners’ discretion.
21. No smoking or vaping permitted inside / on the decking and around the caravan.
22. BBQs are not permitted on the decking.
23. The holiday park, owners or their staff do not accept liability for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property, any accidents, injuries, illness or diseases arising from the hire of the caravan or use of the holiday park including any acts of god or extreme weather conditions.
24. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under English law.
Holiday park facilities
Holiday park facilities
Unfortunately from October 2023 until beginning of May 2023 there will be no park facilities open due to refurbishment of the park. However if guests wish to stay to enjoy the sea view and surrounding areas happy to accommodate at a reduced price during this time.
Convenient bus stop by the park, regular bus service.
Short walk to local shops with take always , beach shop and small supermarket and local pub.
Based on 4 guest ratings
Date of stay - 12 Sep 2022 - 16 Sep 2022
We had a fabulous stay at Julia s caravan. The extra touches upon our welcome were fabulous, The caravan was beautiful and spotlessly clean, plus the added extra of the wonderful sea view. I would recommend this caravan to everyone especially those with a keen interest in Steam Engines as the Local Steam engine runs right through the park and this caravan is in a ideal place to observe and listen to the hoot hoot of the train. We had a smashing week’s holiday ????
Thank you for your wonderful review, it is very much appreciated. I am so glad you all had a good holiday and enjoyed the lovely sea view and of course the steam train. Its been a pleasure to have such appreciative guests , thanking you so very much and always welcome to return .
Family With Young Children
Date of stay - 25 Jul 2022 - 1 Aug 2022
We had a wonderful holiday staying in this beautiful caravan. The location is perfect, and there is lots to do so your little ones will never get bored. Ours loved going swimming on site, and watching the steam train go passed everyday. The views from the caravan are very picturesque... You can see the sea, and we loved watching the sun rise and set each day (we have early risers!!!) We also did the walks to the beach which the little ones loved!! The caravan was spotlessly clean, and has everything you could possibly need (especially with young children!). Julia really has thought of everything. A real home from home. Julia was brilliant, and was always prompt to reply to my emails. We really hope to return soon to this beautiful place.. Thanks again Julia
Thank you so very much for such a positive and great review, i am so very grateful to you. Above all i am delighted that you all had such a wonderful and enjoyable holiday and of course that the little ones enjoyed themselves. I thank you too for also looking after the caravan. More than welcome to return anytime its been a pleasure, very many thanks to you all.
Family With Young Children
Date of stay - 16 Jul 2022 - 23 Jul 2022
I stayed at this caravan recently on the 16-23 of July 2022. Julia is very helpful and answers quickly when I sent an email. The caravan itself was beautiful and we were very happy in it, we also hope to stay there again in the future. The views are amazing and when you sit on the decking you can see the sea and all the trains that come by-when it comes to the space in the caravan it’s quite a spacious size as some caravans are a bit small (especially in the single bedrooms) but I personally think it had enough space for all of my family that came,I rate all of the caravan a 5 thanks Julia too!
Thank you so very much for your lovely review and for looking after the Caravan so well. I am so pleased you all had such a nice time . You will all be more than welcome to return, its been a pleasure, very many thanks .
Family With Older Children
Date of stay - 26 Jun 2022 - 3 Jul 2022
My daughter and I had a fantastic time thanks to Julia for being so prompt in her responses and exceptionally helpful and thoughtful. The caravan is very comfortable, clean, bright and airy. It is kitted out with everything you could possibly need. The views of the sea and Torbay from both inside and out are something else…watched sunrise from the lounge most mornings. The location on site is fab too, not too far from the pool, cafe and shop. The steam train passing by is great too…especially for the young ones or olds young at heart. I certainly hope to return and cannot recommend this caravan enough. S & A.
Thank you so very much for your lovely review i am so happy that you both enjoyed the caravan and the views. May i also thank you for taking such good care of the caravan much appreciated. Its been a pleasure to have you both as quests and you are more than welcome anytime. Thank you both so very much.
Mon 03 Oct 2022 - 19 nights
Please click on the calendar above to select your dates.