How To Prepare Your Holiday Home For Photography
So, you’re having your static caravan photographed ready to hire it out and start making money! It may feel a little daunting having someone come into your holiday home, especially if you are just starting to rent your caravan, but we hope the tips below will help you prepare for the photographer and ultimately help get you some bookings!
We’re thrilled you’ve chosen UKCaravans4Hire to advertise your caravan and we want to help you get the most out of your caravan listing with us. We receive over 3 million website visitors each year, all searching for their perfect caravan holiday so you’ve chosen the right place to hire out your caravan! Good images really do sell your accommodation to holiday-makers - a picture really is worth a thousand words as they say - and those images play a huge role in a buyer’s decision making process, encouraging someone to take the next step and click book! You only have a few seconds to make a good impression and appealing images will keep someone on your page, eager to find out more about your static caravan for hire.
Take a look at these tips to help you prepare you holiday home for photography...
Firstly, open any curtains and blinds you may have to let in natural light
- Clear the worktops as much as you can to show off the space available;
- Don’t leave any sweeping brushes / mops out on show;
- Ensure any appliances on show are lovely, clean and tidy so the guest knows they will arrive at a clean holiday home.
Living area Preparation
- Rearrange any furniture to show off the size of the room - make sure your living space is clutter-free, perhaps even rearranging the furniture to show the space off;
- If you have any cushions on the chairs/sofas, plump them up so the chairs look more inviting;
- Dust any surfaces;
- Think about staging the area with a bunch of flowers or fruit bowl
- Ensure all the grout is clean - ensure grout and sealant is bright and clean. It really makes a difference on holiday homes when any mould has been cleaned away which we know can easily happen in these areas;
- Wipe down all the tiles, porcelain and taps;
- Hang a clean towel on the rail;
- Can your shower curtain be cleaned? If not and you think it’s seen better days, consider swapping it for a new one.
- Ensure all the beds are made with the bed linen pulled tight so there are no creases and crumples;
- Plump up the pillows and any cushions
- Clean any mirrors so there are no marks as these will show up in any photos,
- Dust any surfaces.
Outside Space Photography
- Really try and show off your outside space - we know guests love to sit outside and take in the views so make the most of these where you have them;
- Clean any outdoor furniture
- If there are toys, buckets, spades etc outside, move them away before the photographer comes;
- Get rid of any litter, broken items.
We hope these handy hints help you prepare your holiday home for photography - get snapping and you’ll see your booking go through the roof!
Published on April 26th, 2023